Peter Tatchell is running a campaign to bring to the attention of UK citizens the horror that is taking place in Uganda. He writes: “I am very grateful to Rob Tisinai for making a masterclass YouTube video that explains the full horrors of the Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill. It shows that this Bill is far more lethal and wide-reaching than most people realise.”
Under the Anti-Homosexuality Bill, the crime of “serial offender” is punishable by execution.
A serial offender is a person who has “previous convictions” for “homosexuality or related offences.”
“Related offences” in the Bill, which can result in a death sentence for serial offenders, include non-sexual acts such as:
· aiding and abetting homosexuality
· advocating same-sex relationships or LGBT rights
· having a same-sex marriage
· publicising or funding pro-LGBT organisations
· using the internet or a mobile phone for the purpose of homosexuality or its promotion
· being a person in authority who fails to report an offender to the police within 24 hours
These related offences are crimes that could be also committed by a heterosexual person. It is not just LGBT Ugandans who are threatened by this legislation.
Under the Anti-Homosexuality Bill, all convicted serial offenders are liable to execution, regardless of their sexuality.
Watch Rob’s video here: